January 25, 2022
Virginia Beach Town Center has 5 new tenants, including Nando’s, Legal Sea Foods and Cinnaholic
On Tuesday, Armada Hoffler Properties announced five new tenants soon to occupy the mixed-use center, but a spokesperson wasn’t able to provide opening dates or addresses.
• Legal Sea Foods, a Boston-based restaurant and oyster bar chain, will offer casual dining in an 8,000-square-foot site. While there is a location in Arlington at Reagan National Airport, this will mark the first for Hampton Roads.
• Nando’s, a South African fast food chain that specializes in flame-grilled chicken with peri-peri pepper and sauce flavors, has leased a 3,000-square-foot space. Nando’s has multiple locations in Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C.
• Madewell, known for its jeans, will open a 3,000-square-foot store at 4525 Main St., according to the Town Center directory. The women’s and men’s clothing store, which has a location in Richmond, also features T-shirts, handbags, jewelry and shoes.
• Cinnaholic Bakery features 100% vegan plant-based and dairy-free handcrafted gourmet cinnamon rolls and desserts. It will occupy a 1,500-square-foot shop at 209 Central Park Ave., according to the Town Center online directory.
• Bath & Body Works, the body care and home fragrance store, will open in a 2,000-square-foot spot. The retailer has 11 other locations in Hampton Roads.
Town Center of Virginia Beach encompasses 545,000 square feet of retail space, which is now 97% leased, according to developer Armada Hoffler.
Armada Hoffler President and CEO Louis Haddad said in a news release that the company used Hampton Roads’ coastal appeal and business community to attract a new generation of retailers. The company has focused on bringing brands that have yet not invested in the city or Hampton Roads.
“We continue to prove that mixed-use developments, which constitute a large portion of our portfolio, have shown sustained growth coming out of the last several recessions, and tenants recognize this advantage,” Haddad said.